We all often take care of all our other health problems, but the most neglected one is oral health. We fail to realize the importance of good oral health. You should know that good oral health is important for your overall health. We brush and floss, is that it? No, minute things can help us to take better care of our oral health. In this article we are going to look at the benefits of sugar free chewing gums for oral health.
Chewing gums are widely accepted in contributing to oral health. As we know saliva is our body’s natural defense system against tooth decay. When we chew gum the production of saliva increases, thereby reducing the chances of tooth decay because the saliva produced neutralizes the plaque acids. We all may have turned towards chewing gum after a meal when brushing teeth seemed impossible. But, why do we do that? We do this to help our teeth from decay, bad breath and most importantly, to remove the food residue from our teeth and save ourselves from embarrassment in public.
Oral Health Benefits of Chewing Gum
- People suffering from dry mouth may find relief by chewing sugar free gum, as it activates the production of saliva.
- Chewing gum after a meal neutralizes the effect of sugars on the teeth, thus preventing tooth decay
- Chewing gums prevents bad breath as it refreshes your mouth
Acclaimed Claims of Chewing Sugar Free Gum
- Sugar free chewing gum contributes to the maintenance of tooth mineralization
- Sugar free chewing gum contributes to the neutralization of the plaque acids
- Sugar free chewing gum contributes to the reduction of oral dryness.
Sugar free chewing gum contains ingredients that help in protecting teeth. Some chewing gums contains xylitol which is a natural sweetener found in certain fruits like berries etc…it help in preventing the plaque bacteria to stick to the teeth, thus reducing the chances of tooth decay. Not only this, it reverses the decay by helping the minerals in tooth enamel.
- Fluoride: maintenance of tooth mineralization
- Calcium: needed for strong teeth and gums
- Vitamin C: helps in collagen formation which is important for normal function of the teeth.
Oral health is as important as any other health problems. Little initiative is enough to help you attain good oral hygiene. Chewing gum after a meal does not cost anything, does it? So do not neglect your oral health.