In today’s modern day life, it has become compulsory to keep track of your hygiene. Keeping your pearly whites in a tidy condition has become even more important. However, regular tobacco, coffee and other daily stuff makes this impossible, which is why many people suffer from yellowish and unclean teeth.
Gum swelling and teeth aches can be easily solved by a dentist but keeping your teeth clean solely depends on you. Getting a full dental check-up is very expensive now a days and most people find ways to relieve their tooth aches in their home. Although this is highly unwise, there are other ways through which you can keep your teeth clean.
Following are few tips that will help you whiten your teeth:
Before selecting any toothpaste, make sure that it is approved by ADA (American Dental Association)
- Floss and brush on a regular basis as it will prevent and minimize stains
- Use whitening toothpaste or one with crystals rather than a normal one. These kinds of toothpaste whiten your teeth and give them shine all day long
- Smoking and chewing tobacco has a long history of causing many diseases. They not only cause your teeth to turn yellow, with time they soften your gums causing them to fall off entirely. Therefore, start by quitting drugs and tobacco and have a monthly dental cleaning done at the dentist
In-Home Dental Treatment
Dental treatments such as “Bleaching” can be easily performed at home also. It is quite a simple process. Buy an over-the-counter bleaching agent for your teeth and carefully apply it on your teeth. The gel, with time hardens and then can be removed easily. This procedure hardly takes thirty minutes.
Another way is to buy a “Teeth Whitening” kit, which comes with all the necessary equipment to clean your teeth. The kit comes with a mouth guard, which is already fitted with a bleaching gel. The mouth guard can be worn for a minimum of two hours and maximum two weeks. It all depends on how severe your teeth stains are.
Other Ways to Keep Your Teeth Healthy
Strawberries – These contain a natural enamel whitener known as malic acid. Strawberries can be used to make a homemade teeth-whitening paste. All you need to do is:
- Crush a strawberry
- Mix the pulp with baking soda
- Use a soft and new toothbrush to spread the paste on your teeth
- After five minutes brush it off
- In the end, floss your teeth because tiny strawberry seeds may have gotten trapped in your teeth
Lemon and Baking Soda – Same process can be applied by using these two ingredients also
The way to getting healthy and white teeth is to brush twice a day, for five minutes, in morning as well as at night. By rinsing your mouth after every meal, you reduce the chance of your gums getting any plaque. They say, “The way to a person’s heart is a million dollar smile”. This is only possible if your teeth are white and sparkling.