The Perfect Tools & Strategies for a Great Dental Health
Our oral health is not limited to having white and shiny teeth. It’s more about protecting our mouth from plaque, which is the sticky bacterium that resides on our teeth and gums. These bacteria produce acid that erodes our tooth enamel, thus causing tooth decay and irritates our gums. However, if you take care of the following steps you can easily avoid this.
- Choose your Tooth Brush Wisely: it’s all about using the right type of a tooth brush. The brush bristles should be soft enough so that it does not damage your gums. Also, it should be able to reach within your teeth. Either use an electric or a manual toothbrush. Brush twice daily for full 2 minutes. Always replace your tooth brush every 3-4 months. Using a fluoride tooth paste is a wise option.
- Don’t forget to clean your tongue: good oral hygiene includes cleaning your tongue with your tooth brush. You can also use a tongue scraper which is easily available in the drug store. Cleaning tongue is important, as it is a common ground for growing bacteria. Dirty tongue causes bad breath and staining of the tongue.
- Floss where your brush can’t reach: flossing is important, especially during night. Flossing helps to remove the food particles that are stuck within the teeth; these are the places where a regular tooth brush is difficult to reach. Be sure to slide the floss between your teeth and gum.
- Use an antibacterial mouth wash: if you brush and floss regularly, you are doing well for your oral health. However, to make it better it is wise if you add a mouthwash in your grocery basket. It helps in killing the bacteria in your mouth.
- Avoid regular sugary-items: eating a regular diet of sugary food increases your chances of developing cavities. The sugar in the food changes the environment of your mouth, thus making it a favorable niche for the bacteria’s to grow. After eating sugary foods drink a glass of water to dilute the acid in your mouth.
- Chew sugarless gum: chewing gum after a meal neutralizes the acid in your mouth that can lead to dental decay. It also refreshes your breath
- Quit smoking: cigarettes smoking can cause oral cancer and various other gum diseases. Say no to smoking!
- Have a dental insurance: this way you are likely to visit a dentist twice a year which is a good thing. Regular checkup means less dental problems.
Having a perfect oral health is very important. Dental health should not be neglected. A good oral health means a healthy you. To keep that perfect white smile on your face, take care of your oral hygiene.
You must be logged in to post a comment.